Drover Fares Benefit Local Charities

Yes, that is correct. Drover ride fares directly benefit local charities -- 24/7, no catch, no exceptions. We want to have our eyes open and our arms outstretched towards the communities that support our operations. Rather than have our Drovers simply move through city streets, we want to actively contribute to the incredible humanitarian efforts already in place in the cities we serve. Everyday, thousands of people serve their community via their positions and volunteering in local and state-based non-profits. Here at Drover, we want to do our part to recognize and help further their efforts through the donation of 2% of each and every fare a Drover ride generates. 

Taking Nashville as an example, Drover is dedicated to awareness of and attention to all aspects of the cities we operate in -- not just the glistening downtown strip or nicer areas.  As the founder and president of a 501c3 organization, I am personally touched and super excited about Drover's initiative to support non-profits. My organization, Interfaced Ministries (www.interfacedministries.org), donates computers to students who cannot otherwise afford them. Throughout this past year, we have expanded to serve in Nashville and I have seen first-hand the need for and impact of powerful non-profits in the city. Only 2 miles from Vanderbilt's campus, there is a government-subsidized low-income housing area rife with gang-related violence and severe poverty. Additionally, there are over 7 such neighborhoods in Nashville alone. In this way, it is essential that effective and well-supported non-profits move in these communities in order to lift these people up and offer them opportunities that will undoubtedly lead to a brighter future. 

Drover's fare structure gives 80% of ride fares to our Drovers (drivers), which is the standard percentage for driver compensation in the industry right now. Then, out of the remaining 20%, Drover keeps only 18%, and donates 2% of every fare to local and state charities in the areas we operate in. 

Moreover, drivers get to actually choose which charity their fares support via a pre-approved list of amazing non-profits we will circulate among our Drovers each month. So to reiterate, the 2% will come from Drover's 20% split of every fare; all drivers will still get a full 80% split of fares. Consider it like a 80/18/2 split, where drivers get 80%, Drover gets 18%, and charities get 2%.

Once Drover is fully functioning, we will have members of our team dedicated to reaching out to non-profits in the cities and states we operate in. These efforts will allow us to produce a carefully selected list of 20 or so charities which we will circulate among our drivers. Drivers will then be able to select the charity they want their fares to benefit for the month. If a driver wants to support the same charity for multiple months, or support a charity on a past list, that will be completely fine. Moreover, if a driver wants to support a charity that is not on one of our lists, they can submit it to Drover management for evaluation. 

Our goal is to foster a culture of giving and philanthropy within our community of Drovers (drivers) and riders, as well as make it clear to the cities we operate in that we care. We care about people. We care about progress. We care about having a positive presence in the communities we serve. 

Through this initiative, Drover is actively spearheading the initiative to make the rideshare industry even more people-centric and focused on providing a lifting experience to real people. 


Patrizio Murdocca is Chief Web Developer at Drover Rideshare, a student at Vanderbilt University, and President of Interfaced Ministries (www.interfacedministries.org).